Equipment decisions. East Lincoln Computer Services strives to provide objective computer advice and support, untainted by sales pressure. Here are some sample questions that we can help answer for either a business or home user:
- What operating system is best for my application? Should I use Windows, Linux/Unix, or Mac?
- I definitely need a new computer. What kind should I buy?
- I own a middle-aged computer that no longer meets my needs. Should I pay to upgrade it or purchase a new system?
- My middle-aged computer meets my needs, but this morning it failed to boot. Should I fix it or purchase a new system?
Repair option. Although we do perform computer repairs, we will never pressure you to fix an inadequate machine when replacement is the better option. Moreover, our low price repair guarantee reduces your costs if you ask us to repair or upgrade your existing machines.
Computer purchasing advice. Computer upgrade decisions depend both on the capacity of your current computer and the tasks you want to accomplish with it in the future. Whether this is your first computer or your millionth, we can help you choose a computer that meets your needs at a price that fits your budget. For a fee of $15 plus on-site service charge (waived if telephone and email consultation is preferred) we will talk with you, discover your needs and wants, and formulate a computer recommendation for you. Additionally, we will help you locate an appropriate supplier, and optionally, help you place the order.
Summary of rates on this page:
(See the complete fee chart for more details.)
- Basic charge, $17 per hour.
- For machines two years old or older, the maximum labor fee is $35. For all systems, if we can't fix it, you pay no labor charges.
- Computer purchasing assistance: $15.
Contact us for computer advice and support.